Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<Is there a way to find out, other than the canceled check, if the IRS received our payment on time and if the amount is correct? >

If you are concerned about the IRS receiving your return and payment on time, you should do what all FOOLS do: send it in certified mail. With that receipt you have all the "proof" you need that it was sent out on time. If the amount you sent in was an underpayment, they will advise you what you owe from the due date. If you were not sure of the exact amount, you could have sent in more to avoid interest or penalties. Either way you will hear from them later.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.