Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
<<
I actually think God is something like "The Force" in Star Wars, more than a living being. But that's OK. With something like The Force, Fear-of-the-Lord is definitely a virtue.

Bill
>>

Bill I never liked God much growing up, I saw what others were like that claimed allegiance to HIM. I saw the things HE did in the OT and I understand that fear of the lord may be a rational outcome. When i read the Gospels I discovered Truth, taught and lived, I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, I see the Truth in them every day. I found that it was impossible for me to love the Son without loving the Father, they are one.

If you want to know what God is like, read the Gospels and get to know Jesus Christ my Lord, if you get to know Him then you will know the Father as well.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.