Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< I live in the state of Kansas but I also have earnings from Missouri
Do I have to pay state taxes to misouri from my total agi or just the part that I made from Missouri? >>

You'll file in Missouri as a nonresident and pay tax only on your Missouri source income. On your Kansas return you include all income, and you'll get a credit based on Missouri tax paid. See page 15 of the Kansas instructions.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.