Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< I made a $2000 contribution to my first Roth account, now having done my taxes, come to find out that I do not qualified to have a Roth. Is there a way out of this one? Btw, I purchased Fed. Exp stock with the account. >>

I'll amplify a little on Pixy's response.

Regardless of what you do, you're going to need Form 8606 and its separate instructions. If you decide to recharacterize, which is my recommendation, you actually have until 10/16/2000 to accomplish this for a 1999 contribution, but why wait?

Phil Marti
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.