Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< In our office if we hear of an engaged couple we have them change their w2's immediately. >>

What do you mean by this? Change it up or down? I got married last year, and 197 was the first
time either of us had ever had to pay a dime in taxes!!! How frustrating!!! What do you normally
suggest regarding withholding?

What I would do, is to fill out LAST year's tax forms like you were married last year and compare the tax you would have paid to what you actually did pay, combined. That will tell you if you need to lower your deductions to raise your withholding. Good luck.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.