Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< Question: I plan to convert my IRA's to Roths in 1998 but want to apply all the resulting income to my 1998 income for tax purposes. The IRS and at least one fund company told me that I can do this. Any
comment? >>

<< Response: My only comment is to try and find out WHERE you read this information. If it is out there, currently, somewhere in Fooldom, I would LOVE to know where it is so I can get it pulled. >>

To TMFTaxes:
I think I'm confused. Isn't this what was discussed earlier in the response message? I.e., that you can EITHER spread the resulting income over 4 years OR take it all in 1998?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.