Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<< Technically, the last remaining condition will be product manufacture. But a very likely domino effect means that, effectively, the last remaining condition is the necessary technological development. As to by whom, I don't see that it's possible to predict that at the moment (though more informed views are most welcome). But, surely, the answer to this should not be a requirement for a tornado watch - the main thing is to keep an eye on market developments rather than one specific company. >>

I'm not much of a technophile, and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the advantage of this technology. I have always associated flat panel monitors / displays with very high price-tags, and I have assumed that the big advantage over CRT monitors was that of space savings...that would be the compelling reason to buy; yet, I'm reading now about PDA's and cellphones with OLED technology, so I'm a little confused. For such small devices, what is the obvious, compelling advantage to switching to OLEDs? I'd appreciate a short n' sweet, point-by-point single paragraph that explains it, if that's possible.

Thanks in advance.

rex

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.