Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< We took 30,000 from our PaineWebber IRA and rolled it into the JACOB FUND as an IRA. We filed our income tax report and did not indicate we were taking a distribution since we did not. Now PW has sent us info that they called it a distribution. What forms do we file to let the govt know that this was a simple rollover? They even called a move within their firm from one annuity to another a distribution! >>

Please advise how the transfer to the Jacob Fund was handled: a direct trustee-trustee transfer or a check to you which was then deposited with the new custodian.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.