Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<< When @Home is accessible people will turn their backs on AOL to their better service unless AOL comes up with a viable option (I said viable! all you skeptics who will shout at me with words like ADSL). The point I am making is that current on-line users want a better experience and AOL is simply not it. >>

Are you sure about that? My friend has a 56K modem which downloads all those awful graphic-intense web pages just fine. He can chat with fellow gamers and play two different games online at once.

My Dad will soon be upgrading, and all he needs to do is track his portfolio, get to the web for his online broker, and write to relatives.

Why should anyone seek "better" when "satifactory" works fine? If anything, MSFT and our television sets has told us that people will settle for mediocrity.

Of course, if AOL raises its price high enough, all bets are off.

The first application of technology is to mimic or improve something that already exists.

The first mistake of technology is to mimic or improve something that already exists.

Washu! ^O^
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.