Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 12
<< You are about as ill-bred as they come >>

Oops, there's that "vituperative criticism" you were asking about again. Have you any capacity for self-reflection, or should I continue to point it out to you?

Goofy, your puerile rhetorical technique is to cut and paste fragments of others' work and then to attack the misplaced fragment as if it were a whole -- it is intellectually dishonest.

For example, the "you are as ill-bred as they come" which you quote was preceded by: "Mark Twain once said that good breeding consists of concealing how much you think or yourself, and how little you think of the other person. . . By this standard, you are as ill-bred as they come."

You capitalized the start of a fragment to represent as a whole, and ignored the thrust of my condemnation of you, which is your unceasing arrogance and inflated self-opinion.

I also note that your post received four recs within seconds, on a board that has almost no traffic this morning. This is an utter joke.

And I am merely noting, in a single sentence, you are entitled to your opinion and that my opinion of your opinion seems to decline with every post you post.

Seems to decline? Harsh words indeed. At least I can take some solace from the fact that you appear to be unsure.

OTOH, you are a rec-whoring farce, and your opinion on me or anything else means as little to me as the concept of integrity appears to mean to you.

You are little more than a glib little game-player with ego needs as vast as the Asian contintent. You need to present yourself to this board as superior, but I can assure you, no one here is buying, whored recs or not.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.