Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
<<3rd molars or wisdom teeth extraction>>

My dentist recommended these teeth be extracted some forty years ago. He said these teeth weren't necessary and were prone to a lot of problems.

I had them extracted on this recommendation.

He referred me out to an oral surgeon for the procedure. It's not clear to me how this put a new car in his driveway.

I think it's quite true that any dishonest service provider can find ways to screw his clients, which is why shopping around for someone whose advice you trust is a good idea.

<<Years ago I had a dentist that kept checking me for TMJ. WTF? That's apparently the most profitable item on the list.>>

Why did you see this dentist repeatedly if you didn't trust him to treat you competently and honestly?

Seattle Pioneer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.