No. of Recommendations: 6
<<A whole generation of physicians is retiring early from medical practice because they just can not stand the poorly designed electronic medical records software systems forced on them by hospitals and the US government.

I hope I can find someone good, to take care of me, when I get old.>>

I remember my doctor expressing his frustration with that when it took over the medical practice in which he worked.

He said he's spent his career closely observing his patients while taking notes for reference. With the electronic records, he said he was always looking at the computer screen.

I thought that was an interesting comment, and I wonder how that change affected the quality of medical care he was able to provide.

Seattle Pioneer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.