Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<Anyone know where I could get my hands on a tax calculator for a non-resident alien, from a country with a tax treaty agreement with the US? Ideally compatible with Excel. (demanding eh?)>>

Sorry...nothing out there that I'm aware of.

<<Anybody know if there are good articles on this issue that I could read up on? I looked around on the Fool but didn't see anything that jumped out at me.>>

Since I'm not an international tax expert, I try to stay away from those types of articles. I'm just not qualified to write 'em. It's quite possible that the more the Fool expands to foreign shores, the more I'll need to learn on the subject. But since I don't deal with it in my practice, it's not something that I've gotten any real experience with.

As far as any other information, about the best that I could give you is IRS Publication 519 and 901 that deals with these tax and tax treaty issues.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.