No. of Recommendations: 1
<<As far as insurance, In WA State (dunno about other states) you don't have to buy worker's comp insurance for live-in help. >>

Ummm, do you have a reference for that? What I found is:

<<Workers' compensation insurance is required for every employee in Washington, including part-time workers. This is a monopolistic state, which means coverage must be purchased through the state fund. Workers' compensation benefits can cover medical and hospital expenses for an employee who is injured at work.>>

An advantage for small employers is that you get coverage through Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. Just file a quarterly report detailing your employees and hours of work and sen in a check.

Seattle Pioneer
Print the post  


This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.