No. of Recommendations: 0
<<Do you by any chance know what kind of Russell 2000 puts he was referring to? >>

"Put protection costs me too much to put on very often. When you do it buy Russell 2000 puts that are about five percent out of the money for about 10 months.
Ken Fisher."

and

"Regarding your question about what I would if we get to the fork in the road and I decide it's a bear market: I'd keep my super cap stocks and overlay them with a Russell 2000 put that was about 10-11 months in duration and 5% out of the money. As the bear market would unfold small caps would fall more than big caps and the put would increase in value more than the super caps would fall, allowing you to actually make money and stall off capital gains for awhile."
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.