Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<Hey Roy!>>


<<I finally got around to reading your very worth while article and felt I should offer another option that was not mentioned. Another way to ensure IRS receipt of your tax return is to file it electronically since you, or your transmitter if someone else does it for you, will get an electronic acknowledgement back.>>

Right you are.

<<OK, OK, some folks have strong opinions on this (often based on myths & ignorance), but it is an option that addresses timely receipt (even on the 17th). Each reader should do their own due diligence on electronic filing, know the difference between it and the fast loan industry, and make up their own mind whether it just might serve their needs better than a postal certification.>>

No problem with that...
TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.