Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
<<How is this for a plan?>>

Good plan. Good luck.

<<I think I should build a bit flexibility into my faith, don't you?>>

I think you meant this in terms of worshipping through golf, but it made me think about something else. If you want to worship Odin on Wednesday (or go golfing), then you'll have to reach a private agreement with your employer. If you're just a Christmas/Easter kind of Odin worshipper (all right, you know what I mean), then you might have more options when looking for employment.

I personally refuse to work on Sunday, but I can't expect the government to guarantee me a day off. I just make my expectations clear to my employer and if they don't like it, I pack my bags. My attitude probably limits my options a little, but I get along fine.

Your flexibility in your faith is a personal matter. Government intrusion in your faith is a public one.

But let me know how your plan works out. And if Virginia doesn't like your flexible Odin/golf faith, maybe you could try Thor/badminton worship on Thursday. If that doesn't work, give me a call. We'll mobilize an army of lawyers and get you that fortune that's waiting in Virginia's treasury.

P.S. I want 10%.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.