Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
<<I don't think there is any serious dispute that his decision not to bend on this point is responsible for the loss in probably hundreds of millions of dollars in accounts. Based on rdmarshall's survey, I would surmise that there is currently more money invested by this community than is invested with Folio. That money *would* be invested with Folio if they made that minor change.>>

I doubt it.
Look at the AmEx fiasco with "free" trades.

Once you have above a certain amount of money in your account, the commission cost is de-minimus. Consider buying 100 shares of a $50 stock. What's the difference in total cost between $5 commission (Brown), $10 commission (Datek), and $0 commission (Folio)? What's the $10 commission compared to the taxes you'll pay on your profits?

Folio is not suited to someone trading with the MI screens. When I want to place an order, I want it filled NOW, not "some time this afternoon".

IMHO, folio is more closely suited to a "pick it yourself" investor who only trades a couple of times a year.

Ray

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.