No. of Recommendations: 2
<<I guess all I can say is I aim to be flexible with my decision. 5 years is a long time, and who knows how much I'll love/hate my job by then. Right now I'm pretty burned out with work and am wondering how I can last another 5 years. Luckily, I will be taking 3 weeks of vacation soon and hope to recharge. I also have to gauge how much MOOTFL will cost me in terms of years till 100% retirement. Not sure if MOOTFL and doing part-time work for 6-7 years would be any better than sticking with current job for another 3-4 years and being fully financially indepedent. Guess only time will tell.
>>

It helps to consider issues like this carefully, over a period of years until the decision that is correct for you matures and becomes clear. And as you suggest, the answers can change over time.

My observation is that a lot of people who think they will be happy with a long worklife change and discover that work becomes increasingly burdensome. It helps to have the savings to make a choice freely, rather than be stuck on the Cross Of Gold working for a living when you are sick of it.

Seattle Pioneer
Reetired Memorial Day, 2007 at age 57
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.