No. of Recommendations: 1
<<I haven't seen anything recent on this but the above reminded me that back in 2015 or so, the DNC was basically bankrupt and Hillary flew in on her leathery wings (thank you Kunstler for that imagery) to bail them out.>>

Heh, heh! "leathey wings!

Here a picture of Obama and Hillary planning to rule the world:

<<https://www.google.com/search?q=wizard+of+oz+flying+monkeys&...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 12
Gutfeld explained it (approximately) this way:

Putin picked Gabbard to join our military, serve two deployments to the middle-east, then groomed her to run for congress after which he ordered her to run for president as a democrat, then drop out and run as an independent in order to steal some democrat votes and thereby ensure Trump's re-election.

Man, those Russkies really know how to plan ahead!

RayB
No. of Recommendations: 7
The way i see it... Hillary just accused Gabbard of Treason.
(trying to cheapen the word due to upcoming issues?)
I hope to see Gabbard fight back and maybe reclaim the left from the loonies fighting for the brass ring of power.
No. of Recommendations: 2
The way i see it... Hillary just accused Gabbard of Treason.
(trying to cheapen the word due to upcoming issues?)
I hope to see Gabbard fight back and maybe reclaim the left from the loonies fighting for the brass ring of power.

wadigo

Tulsi, and perhaps Yang, are the only Democrat presidential candidates that do not scare the heck out of me.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I find it interesting and a bit ironic that my main-woman Tulsi has been shunned and is now officially persona non-grata at CNN and MSNBC, meaning she has to go to Fox News to get in her face-time on cable news.

It would not shock...although it would surprise me a little, if Tulsi announced she is changing her party affiliation to libertarian and running as a third party candidate. With the liberal crazies on one side and Trump's media-induced unpopularity on the other, I'd imaging she'd pick up a large percent of centrists from both sides. However....the Donald has about a $150MM war chest he hasn't even started using yet.....and the Leftist crazies have given his campaign more ammunition than they imagined possible. So you can bet that ammo is getting organized right now by some awfully marketing-smart minds. This could work for Tulsi-as-libertarian if the primary aim of the Trump lightning bolts are aimed at the current established new-left headed by the likes of Pelosi, Clinton, Warren, O'Rourke, Bernie, Schiff and our dear, dear friend Ocrazyo-Cortez. It would certainly make the next 12 months lively.

BruceM
Gabbard responded... calling Clinton, "the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long."

Gabbard is the only true Democrat. The rest are Globalist traitors pretending to be Democrats.

And the underlying Globalist assumption? That We The People cannot see the difference! A major miscalculation.

-=Ajax=-
<<It would not shock...although it would surprise me a little, if Tulsi announced she is changing her party affiliation to libertarian and running as a third party candidate. >>

Tulsi has gotten a lot of mileage out of baiting Hillary. I think she should continue doing that in hopes of enticing Hillaery into the 2020 race for the Democratic nomination.

That would give Democrats lots to talk about rather than impeachment.

Seattle Pioneer
I have concluded that Gabbard is on a mission. She knows she has little to no chance. But she is attempting to make US foreign adventures a topic in the debates hoping that ending them will become a plank in the democratic platform. In the last debate she called out& blamed bipartisan congressional support & the cheer leading main street media for the regime change agenda of the US. Winning her few friends. More stories & opinion pieces like the NYTimes piece* on her isolationism, links to neo-nazis & she has made several statements defended Assad's regime. I never saw any stories reporting that nor do they supply any links.
https://boards.fool.com/yes-this-was-mention-in-the-nytimes-...
I don't think so.

I think she is preparing for the 2024 election.
No. of Recommendations: 9
Kunstler on these. Funny!
https://tinyurl.com/yxway27h
You’d think Hillary Clinton might come up with a better zinger than “Russian asset” when she flew out of her volcano on leathery wings Friday and tried to jam her blunted beak through Tulsi Gabbard’s heart. Much speculation has been brewing in the Webiverse that the Flying Reptile of Chappaqua might seek an opening to join the Democratic Party 2020 free-for-all. Wasn’t “Russian asset” the big McGuffin in the Mueller Report — the tantalizing and elusive triggering device that added up to nothing — and aren’t most people over twelve years old onto that con by now?

The DNC handed off the whole operation to the Hillary campaign in 2016 and fixed the nomination with super-delegate hugger-mugger. Is it possible that Hillary still controls the leadership? My guess is that a big chunk of the loot assembled into the Clinton Foundation over the years has enabled HRC to buy the tattered remnants of the DNC lock, stock, and barrel. All that funny money bought a whole lot more, too, including all the predicating bullshyt that kicked off RussiaGate, UkraineGate, and now ImpeachGate.
My guess is that a big chunk of the loot assembled into the Clinton Foundation over the years has enabled HRC to buy the tattered remnants of the DNC lock, stock, and barrel. All that funny money bought a whole lot more, too, including all the predicating bullshyt that kicked off RussiaGate, UkraineGate, and now ImpeachGate.

-----------------

I haven't seen anything recent on this but the above reminded me that back in 2015 or so, the DNC was basically bankrupt and Hillary flew in on her leathery wings (thank you Kunstler for that imagery) to bail them out.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/dnc-leak-clinton-team...

PHILADELPHIA — Leaked emails show the Democratic National Committee scrambled this spring to conceal the details of a joint fundraising arrangement with Hillary Clinton that funneled money through state Democratic parties.

.... more nefarious details at the link
<<I haven't seen anything recent on this but the above reminded me that back in 2015 or so, the DNC was basically bankrupt and Hillary flew in on her leathery wings (thank you Kunstler for that imagery) to bail them out.>>

Heh, heh! "leathey wings!

Here a picture of Obama and Hillary planning to rule the world:

<<https://www.google.com/search?q=wizard+of+oz+flying+monkeys&...
Tulsi, and perhaps Yang, are the only Democrat presidential candidates that do not scare the heck out of me

The 'Freedom Dividend' disqualified Yang from membership in any group that can read or write. We've all seen circuitous ways of buying votes. His is brazen.

From Andrew's web site....

Andrew would implement the Freedom Dividend, a universal basic income of $1,000/month, $12,000 a year, for every American adult over the age of 18. This is independent of one’s work status or any other factor.

So let's see....according to the census bureau, there are about 253,768,092 individuals age 18 and older through the end of 2018. At $12K each/yr, that would be $3,045,217,104,000, or just over $3T per year, or about 92% of the tax revenue of $3.33T raised in 2018. And presumably this influx of cash will increase the GDP proportionally? Yes, but then its also going to create corresponding inflation that in a few years, that $12K will be needed to support households at the same level they are today. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense there Andrew. I mean, who in their right mind would actually put something like that in print?? And he supposedly ran a successful business? Must have been underwritten by George Soros.

However, I do agree, there was at the beginning some real centrist Democrats who, if properly financed and supported by the main stream media, could have give Trump a run for his money. These were names like Hickenlooper, Delaney, Schultz and Ryan. But they're all gone now. Just not Woke enough I guess, and certainly not the darlings of the media.

BruceM
re Yang's freedom dividend.
The dividend replaces social programs. All federal social programs would be eliminated such as food stamps. Of course social security, medicare & VA benefits remain as is. The people administering those eliminated programs are gone too.
Per income people will be paying income tax on their benefit.

Now additional taxes:
A 10 percent value added tax
0.1 percent, $50 billion per year financial transaction tax (FTT)
A $20 per ton carbon tax
Lifting the cap on Social Security contributions
Treating capital gains as ordinary income

https://medium.com/ubicenter/distributional-analysis-of-andr...
The new tax revenue raises $1.2 trillion, leaving the total unfunded cost at $1.4 trillion. This grows the deficit by 160 percent over the $896 billion projected by the Congressional Budget Office for 2019.
The UBI page of Yang’s website states that “The Roosevelt Institute projected that the economy would grow by approximately $2.5 trillion and create 4.6 million new jobs. This would generate approximately $800–900 billion in new revenue from economic growth and activity.”
Given the US raises 27 cents per dollar of GDP, this $2.4 trillion would raise about $650 billion in new tax revenue, though this might be higher given the new taxes.

Of course implementation would be disruptive to the economy as we really don't how such a benefit would affect the economy. Personally if one wants to help the working poor; why not just rise the Earned Income Tax Credit. The EITC encourages work since the credit is only available to those with earned income.
No. of Recommendations: 2
"re Yang's freedom dividend.
The dividend replaces social programs. All federal social programs would be eliminated such as food stamps. Of course social security, medicare & VA benefits remain as is. The people administering those eliminated programs are gone too.
Per income people will be paying income tax on their benefit.

Now additional taxes:
A 10 percent value added tax
0.1 percent, $50 billion per year financial transaction tax (FTT)
A $20 per ton carbon tax
Lifting the cap on Social Security contributions
Treating capital gains as ordinary income "

Likely that would send the economy into a tailspin. The stock markets would likely plummet as trading here ceased and stock markets moved overseas.

You'd have massive new fraud as people invent dependents and dig up old relatives (literally) to collect the $1000 per person giveaway. I suspect a lot of 'illegals' would be out of luck as the likely aren't in any system and don't want to be 'registered'.

There are 100 different handout programs from Indian Nations/reservations and education and healthcare......that's going to be a challenge.

Yeah, a 10% Value Added tax to boost consumption - NOT.....

and of course, we'd end the $250,000/$500,000 house sale exemption and everything would be taxed as 'regular income'. Hmmm.....

He'd probably go after 401Ks, IRAs and everything else, too.......all those trillions locked away.

And full inheritance tax starting at one dollar of , what, 55% or more?

t.
No. of Recommendations: 4
There are 100 different handout programs from Indian Nations/reservations and education and healthcare......that's going to be a challenge.

That's right. There is no way those receiving the multitude of welfare programs are going to give them up, so the exceptions will start creeping in as amendments after amendments, until it just becomes another mega-government bureaucracy with a life of its own. The existing programs of government largess ares simply too deeply embedded in certain cultures who have generations growing up with them.

BruceM