No. of Recommendations: 0
<<I made an excess contribution to my SEP-IRA for 1999 in the amount of $221. In January, I asked my broker to remove the excess, and due to earnings on the excess, the amount actually removed was $258.64. My question is how to report the situation on my taxes.>>

You can move the excess to 2000. THen you can honestly answer that you only made the appropriate contribution.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.