Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<I presently have investments in both fixed and variable annuities{non participating]. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a way to convert these investments to individual stocks. If I were to "cash in" these investments the tax consequence would be hard to take. Would appreciate any help.>>

You can't trade stock within an annuity. In fact, if you wish to cash them in and avoid taxes, the only thing you can do is arrange for what's called a Section 1035 transfer to another annuity. If you want to trade stocks with this capital, you're gonna have to bite the bullet and cash them in. That's another reason I don't like annuities.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.