Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<I think that you can take out a high deductable policy for yourself and set up a MSA for yourself since you are selfemployed. It may even be possible to have your wife optout of her co's medical insurance and receive additional dollars of pay to 'compensate' her for not taking the company's insurance>>

I have a shrewd idea that there's little chance of finagling as good a deal as employer provided health insurance provides. You only need to ask someone who's using COBRA to provide medical coverage. Not only do you get the tax assisted/employer susidy savings, but large group plans are a good deal cheaper than the comparable private policy.

Note the word "comparable"..all insurance coverage is notthe same. Plan exclusions are very rarely printed in the same size print as the boast of "HUGE NEGOTIATED SAVINGS".

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.