Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<I want to use the IRA for MI, but hope to be able to withdrawl some of the money by age 50 or earlier>>

You can't. They wrote the law purposely to make people use it for RETIREMENT. Hence the name: Individual Retirement Account.

If you want to spend your investment gains before retirement, invest in a taxable account and hold long enough to get LTCG rate. If you are really stingy, buy QQQ or XLK or SPY and hold until you want to spend the money--your money will compound without deduction for taxes until you finally sell.


Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.