Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<<I'd love to hear an artful but frank reply that will help Ms. Spragins see the light.
Good luck with the show! I'll be listening on KFI in LA!>>

Toe, if you're listening to the show, then you'll hear our reply. :-)

I don't know about you, but I got the sense that her column boiled down to this: "This bull market has created gurus like The Motley Fool, and CNBC, and Worth, and Money, and SmartMoney. And you shouldn't be listening to any of them!!!........you should listen to me!" :-)

Sometimes I wonder if people who take shots at the Fool ever spend ANY time on our site. Ms. Spragins dismisses our "five-stock portfolio." Perhaps if she'd logged onto our site for a minute she would see that the Fool Portfolio holds 14 securities. She bashes those who encourage active trading, but ignores the fact that one of the Fool's loudest mantras is "buy-and-hold."

I suppose it's easy for her to close her eyes, not investigate, and convince herself she's on the side of angels. (sigh) Oh well.....perhaps we can have some fun on Saturday. After all, we wouldn't be Fools if there weren't so many Wise out there.

Enjoy the show,
Chris
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.