Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
<<l the threads so far could easily have been posted (and would likely have the same quality responses) on the REHP Board>>

They could have, but they weren't. Wonder why that is? When you have the answer to that question you will realize why this board deserves a shot at success. I for one am willing to help make it so.

FMO, I think I am much better at taking in stride the "bickering" that occurs on the REHP board. If the thread was started on the REHP board, would not people reply to it? I think they would have. I've seen very few (can't even recall one offhand) on topic post that was not dealt with in a helpful manner -even from the "worst" offenders. Heck, Galeno, despite all his hee-hawing, would offer helpfull posts. I think you did get dealt some bad card when it came to RE investing; however, I also was able to come up with my own opinions having heard both sides. Heck, I have the utmost respect for Intercst but still bought my house! He is just a bit stubborn on his view on RE but the average reader can see through that and make their own judgement! I mean, people seeing FI/RE are not meek!!!

I'm not rooting for the demise of this board. It's a "fav" of mine now. I still think the better path would be the creation of on-topic posts on the "parent" board. At this point in the game I've got the technical knowledge needed to RE; what I want is the inspiration, encouragement, and comraderie that this/these (RE Wannabe, MOOTFL, REHP) offer. Being a FIRE wannabe can be a lonely road!

FoolNBlue (Who has both FMO and Intercst in his fav list -no fighting allowed)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.