Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
<<Lot's of wisdom teeth are extracted unnecessarily. (I still have 3 of the 4.) I'd be very suspicious of extracting a healthy tooth "because it might be a problem in the future". If the wisdom teeth are impacted (i.e., never rose out of the gum), that's a different story.

intercst>>

Heh, heh! I didn't realize intercst was a dentist in addition to engineer and financial planner!

<<He referred me out to an oral surgeon for the procedure. It's not clear to me how this put a new car in his driveway.

</snip>

It has to be stuff the dentist can complete in house for the highest profit margin. If he has to refer the work out, he might only get a referral fee.>>

So you really can't consider that the dentist recommended their removal because he thought it was a good thing to do. His motivation had to be a referral fee, assuming that one was paid at all.

I have yet to understand where your cynicism comes from.

Seattle Pioneer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.