No. of Recommendations: 0

<<< As a former homeowner in his early-40's and now a very happy apartment renter, I now know that owning a home has numerous financial risks that unfortunately, in my opinion, many so-called professionals in the real estate industry fail to tell prospective home buyers. In my opinion, the overwhelming majority of real estate agents and brokers are more interested in making commissions than in truly serving the average consumer. Why do most (if not all) states require licensure of real estate agents and brokers? Licensure is required to protect the public from illegal and other unethical behavior by real estate agents and brokers. In my opinion, most real estate agents and brokers belong in jail or prison for ripping off the vast majority of home sellers and particularly home buyers. Real estate agents and brokers often engage in tricky, sneaky, and underhanded techniques just to make commissions and collect other income that separate home buyers and sellers from their hard earned money. >>>

True, all too true. I understand that there is a mandatory and required specific ethics qualification: to-wit; - if they have any ethics, they cannot qualify.

What you fail to understand is that the licensing is not to protect the public, but to protect these "professionals" from each other.

At least you can tell when they are lying, because their lips are moving.

Foolishly,
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.