Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<<All this class warfare crap is just that, crap. They people who are going to vote this legislation are, by and large, very wealthy people. This is entirely a question of who can most afford it. >>>

No its not. It is about creating jobs and growing the economy because that is the only way to outside of truly draconian spending cuts that we will ever get the deficit under control.

The reason I stated "those who consume jobs" is because Liberals tend to think the economy is a fixed pie and static. Raise tax rates on x and that leads to a linear rise in tax collections. They never consider the loss in economic output.

Look at the stimulus bill, spend this trillion, get 3 trillion in economic return. But it does not work like that. The only way a job is created that will create real tax revenue to pay off the deficit is when a real and substnative economic opportunity is there that entices someone on a risk/reward scenario to invest in it. The higher taxes are, the wors that risk/reward becomes, and the fewer such opportunities people will be enticed to take.

On the radio the other day a caller asked why were not the job creators creating jobs. He saw it as a moral issue, the evil rich, not creating jobs.

I don't know, I have a few million to spend, and I'm attacked as mean and evil and rich, with uncertainty as to the cost of what an employee will cost, what the capital gains rates will be, what my tax rates will be, what my energy costs will be, etc., I might just decide to keep buying all this government debt instead and sitting on it.

Which is precisely what is happening.

You want to tax energy to reduce its use. What do you think happens when you tax income and tax investment? You get less of it. You don't care, because you think it is morally correct to do so. Transfer the wealth.

That is what it comes down to in spades. It is just covered up in language of deficit cutting, which is absurd. There is no deficit cutting about any of it.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.