Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<<<<Obesity:
Body Mass Index is used to evaluate weight. Donors may be deferred if obesity presents donation risk>>>>

A good reminder to stay in shape for others, not just for yourself

I have been trying to improve my diet, as excess fat is not good for platelet donation (apheresis)

<<<Also, you need to keep to a fairly low fat diet, since a high fat content in your system can clog the system or make your platelet product virtually unusable (good product is a dark yellow with a low amount of liquid, but I once had a milky white output that was extremely large in liquid (as the fat takes up quite a bit of room)). >>>

Thanks for the link, I needed to update my info (maybe the post office should include that in the address change packet)

Wow, that's great information. I didn't notice that on the site. Excellent point. People should lose weight/stay in shape for themselves. But having that little extra incentive can make a difference.

I'd never heard that about the platelets. Sounds like a very visible lesson about what goes on inside our bodies.

If the post office did include information in the address change packet, I hope that a lot more people would find out about the organization, if not register. And it probably would keep information more up to date.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.