Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
<<<Now that is intriguing. Do tell. What are some of your food-diving highlights?>>>

Highlights...I once found a case of beer. It was still cold and just a few of the bottles were broken. It was Miller Highlife though. It would have been perfect if it was sammy adams. I'm not a huge beer drinker so most are still in my fridge (been 3 months). I do get the urge for a beer now and then though so it's nice to have it.

A lot of people throw away stuff from yard sales in the grocery dumpster. I've found some clothes that way. I once found a sweater from mailboxes etc. (they're right next door) and I thought it was pretty cool. Unfortunately my washing machine destroyed it and stretched it way out.

Other notables: a whole pumpkin, unopened jar of Peter Pan peanut butter, toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste, makeup, razors, chapstick, vitamins, herb supplements, pens, mechanical pencils and refils, markers, ziplock bags, 750 styrofoam coffee cups, planting pots.

The grocery store that I dive at is very thoughtful -- they have 3 dumpsters and they put produce in one, bakery stuff in another and smelly stuff in the 3rd. I'm more careful with the smelly dumpster but I still look because I've found some good stuff in there.

On Friday's they throw away all kinds of bread. I'm out of sourdough so I need to stock up.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.