No. of Recommendations: 16

<<..my simple solution... change the names of the two boards....

...one could be Mechanical Investing -Beginners and the other Mechanical Investing-Advanced>>

We've already had this discussion a number of times. And you want to know why newbies are not treated with courtesy? rob
-----------------------------------------------------

..rob..

..actually, that was a pretty rude response and comment to a post that was submitted with good intentions.... which goes to the heart of this whole discussion...

..my suggestion had absolutely nothing to do with whether this was discussed before ... it was in response to an ongoing topic....and to characterize it as an example of a "newbie" rehashing discussed topics was,imfo, out of line.... obviously, if the MI board wants to have newbies go to the Foolish Workshop board, the powers that be should have a better definition of what Foolish Workshop is in their index..

..unless you are psychic...Foolish Workshop does not tell you a whole lot.... and obviously, since the first post on the Foolish Workshop board was not until July 1999 (over a year ago.. the topic of different names for different boards is not that current!!!)..

...unfortunately, it is still an issue... because those new to mechanical investing who wander here in mistake are still irritating some of the community members....and those irritated members should be aware that it is basically due to the poor naming of the boards not the poor newcomer...

What I don't understand is if you don't want to answer a question, why submit a reply???? ...certainly one of the TMF will answer and direct the newcomer to the correct place... and they do that with the utmost courtesy....which encourages newcomers to feel welcome and want to learn more....

..I was just going to e-mail this response to be less public, but I just couldn't let it go....

..I apologize to all who are contributing productively to this discussion... ...however, expect investors new to the fool's method of mechanical investing to gravitate here first due to the non-existent definition of what Foolish Workshop is....

. unless the newcomer was backreading and read a post by some other poor newbie who was either being gently educated as to which board is which or yelled at for not intuitively knowing there was a second board.... these occassional flare-ups will inevitably occur...

..marjory....

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.