Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
<<So if I own 60 shares of TXCI that are worth $0.50 per share, I will soon have 4 shares worth $7.50 each. I suppose the point is to take their shares out of 'penny stock' status.>>

If I may add a few more words, I'll note that penny stocks are usually inexpensively priced for a reason. They tend to be extremely volatile and dangerous. The companies tend to have little in the way of any solid operating history. They tend to be hyped up on the basis of some exciting story, and little else ("this company is going to replace the need for fingerprinting!" "This company is developing a cure for arthritis!")

It's also my understanding that it's usually only companies in trouble that execute reverse splits. So all of this leads me to recommend that you take a close look at this company and if you're invested in it, consider whether you want to hang on or not. Penny stocks tend to go to zero more often than they go to the moon. This particular company might be a good one, but maybe not. I know nothing of it myself, but am issuing some general cautions.

Fool on!

Selena
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.