Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<<The best way to get past a mistake is to admit it and move on. You jumped the gun on Yahoo. Admit
it and move on. Big deal. >>

Do you really think this decision wasn't thought out? Have you read the buy report? Do you really think Tom, Phil, Al, and Rob wouldn't thoroughly think through an investment decision like this for the RM portfolio?

I am not suggesting that you must agree with them, or that they are right, even. But for you to suggest that they somehow "jumped the gun" here is, well, in my tiny little opinion, foolish with a little "f".

And as far as the percentage thing that Tom talked about, they put the same amount of money into the Yahoo purchase (roughly $2,000) as they did all the others. I can't speak for Tom, but I think his implication was that should they be wrong (which can certainly happen to everyone now and then) they haven't committed more to the Yahoo investment than they have any of the past RM purchases, therefore it *is* by default, only 6.6% of the port for now, and much more of the portfolio is being carried by companies such as CSCO and MSFT (because of the appreciation of those companies' stock prices)...It's not like they just willy-nilly threw 6.6% of the port into something just because it was 6.6% and only 6.6%...

Lou

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.