No. of Recommendations: 4
<<The issue before the Senate this month was a proposed memorial to World War II combat pilot Gregory "Pappy" Boyington, a 1933 engineering graduate of the university, who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his service commanding the famed "Black Sheep" squadron in the Pacific. The student senate rejected the memorial because "a Marine" is not "an example of the sort of person UW wants to produce."
>>

Yesterday I was at a Seattle public elementary school doing repairs on the furniture as part of a Boy Scout service project. I looked over the essays posted on the walls, and every one was a proud expression of hatred against white men for various acts over the centuries.

So if you want to know where bright ideas like that come from, they appear to be a product of indoctrination beginning in elementary schools. I imagine that the teachers come from the UW campus.

It's a chicken and egg question in the end I suppose.

A few years ago I was in Rainier Beach High school which has perhaps a 5% white enrollment. The school hallways were papered with large signs that offered special science programs for minority students. How do you suppose the white students felt about that?

Seattle Pioneer

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.