Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<The recent discussion of the tax and estate implications of JTWROS has convinced me that I need to find a tax/estate planning professional, not a tax preparer. Any suggestions for finding such a person? I thought I'd seen something in the FAQ, but I can't find anything now.>>

But one doesn't have to be dependent on the other. I work with a number of local estate tax attorneys. I do the tax returns...they do the estate planning. Many estate planning attorneys don't want to get involved with income tax's not where they specialize.

As far as referrals, Chris gave a reference to a national estate planning organization. Do a folder search and I'm sure that you'll come up with the web site that he offered.

TMF Taxes

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.