No. of Recommendations: 1
<<There is a large population of well-off elderly in my neighborhood. I'm in touch with a social worker/eldercare manager who has clients who need this service & she's very interested in being able to refer to me. She's sure that her clients will love me.>>

Just to sound a note of warning......be aware that there may be ethical and professional constraints on this sort of referral network.

While your friend may be totally altruistic in her motives, her clients may well have relatives who would view this sort of arrangement very skeptically.

That's not to say that there isn't some way to make it work, but I've been burned a number of times when my efforts at promoting my business have been viewed suspiciously......and for perfectly valid reasons when you look at the other person's point of view.

Vivienne

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.