Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<This isn't correct. Any year's program can prepare a 1040X for that year or earlier years. As I posted before, the process can be tricky if you don't have the original return in a TurboTax data file. You should be certain you understand the process of preparing an amended return well enough to know whether the program is preparing it correctly or not.

Ira >>

I should have checked additional links on the website. You are correct. It is possible from any version. It is only strongly recommended to use Turbo Tax for the correct year.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.