No. of Recommendations: 73
<<When I was stationed in Germany I got a call from the Boy Scouts who ran their little club on a US Military base. They wanted me to come fix their computers. I flatly refused. After all, I am paid with tax-payer dollars, and if the military starts to support them, it means the military is supporting prejudice, homophobia, misogynism……Well, OK, openly supporting homophobia and misogynism.
>>

Well, actually you would be supporting REAL multiculturalism and diversity, not the ersatz stuff.

And as I look through lists of charities, I see a huge number devoted to aiding women with their numerous problems or gays with their numerous problems. You don't have a problem with that kind of discrimination?

The fact is that so-called anti discrimination laws have gone WAY too far in destroying the liberty of Americans to freedom of association. But you'll notice that blacks are free, even encouraged to form exclusive associations, as are women and other such groups. If such laws were applied with rigor to these groups you and they would soon see why freedom of association is a vitally important liberty.

Indeed, women complained about men who formed professional associations and excluded women, and succeeded in getting "anti discrimination" laws applied to professional associations. But they kept their own women only professional associations, giving women the ability to organize politically and socially around issues of importance to them, while preventing men from doing the same.

Seattle Pioneer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.