Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<Where are teachers REQUIRED to have Masters?>>

New York, for one place.

Really? No wonder NY state has a good public school system; I know the city has problems, but I knew the state as pretty good. (I spent about half my growing years in NY and half in Florida. I used to think Fl system sucked, until my kid is here in Cali.)

I just hadn't heard of Master's required before. Most places I've been, you need a Master's to teach at the Community College or Vo Tech level, but only a BA to teach in K-12, if your major is education. If your major isn't education, you would need a master's in your field and a teaching certificate.


Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.