Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<Only amounts over $80,000 are subject to US tax. I don't need that amount for ER.

Anyhow, I'm not a US resident alien (for immigration purposes; obviously I am for tax purposes). At the current rate of processing, I should get my green card in 10.5 years, so there's nothing to worry about there! :D


But doesn't the $80,000 only apply to income that was actually earned from working? In other words, capital gains, interest and dividends would still be taxable?

Good luck with your move to Scotland. It is a very beautiful part of the world. Having visited it before, I found the people VERY friendly.


Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.