Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
<The problem most people have is that they have been brainwashed into what they should believe is 'fun'.>

It is interesting that the recent release of George Harrison's final album is titled Brainwashed. I found it to be his best collection of songs since his first solo album way back in 1970. He touches on a lot of the themes you mention. The title song provides a fairly good sized list of the institutions and concepts that have successfully brainwashed us as a society. While very few can be totally immune to this, I think most FI/RE people have been able to limit the effects of the brainwashing attempt. However, since there tends to be very few FI types in the general population, I think those attempts have been fairly successful.

Another song "Any Road" has a great line in it: "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there". If you do not have a clear focus in your life, it is easy to fall into the many ditches along side the road. I was glad to hear that both his spirit and sense of humor remained intact until the end of his life.

BRG
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.