Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
i'm in the best mood!! i've posted before about trying to furnish the roof deck at my new brooklyn apt. (have i mentioned the fab view of the manhattan skyline?) so far i have dragged an old IKEA couch up there, covered the cushions with water-proof duvet covers and finished the wooden base with deck sealer. i also found on the street the base for a circular dining table- just need to make a top (got great suggestions from you guys on that post!)

at odd-job (the closeout store) i found these GREAT chaise lounge chairs and matching regular chairs for the deck. not only are they cheap as hell, $30 for the lounge, $15 for the reg. but they are not crappy at all and actually very attractive, i would call them sage green. i had been looking, but all i could find cost minimum of $70! i would have assumed chairs for $30 would at the very least be ugly colors or material. wait until you see them, this deck is going to be awsome!!!! but anyway, at odd-job they also have one of those little stereos portable boom boxes. so (insert drum roll please) for a grand total of $160 today i will be getting:
1 stereo for the deck $40
2 lounge chairs $60
4 chairs to go around the table i intend to "make" $60
the smile on my face PRICELESS

not bad at all!!!! i'm starting a reservation list for those summer afternoons, book while space is available (before my deck is written up in "Time Out NY")!!

jez

x-posted at LBYM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.