Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I sent Joan an E-mail to see if she remembered her 13th anniversary, which happens tomorrow. She did - and here is her reply:

Thanks for thinking of the 13th, Verna!! It's really hard to think it's been that long. How about a trip to Napa wine country? I would love to go back there and do a tour of wineries :-) There are some nice restaurants, too. Will that work for the group? Joan

It looks like we're going to have a pre-new year's party. Hooray!

Verna
Print the post Back To Top
Happy 13th Joan. I'll love to visit the wine area in California. I drove past the wine region but mostly it was going from point A to point B.

So Verna, let me know the restaurants will be part of this party, I'm signing up to be one of the partygoers.

Good job Joan. Keep the rest of us something to achieve.

Blackduff
No. of Recommendations: 3
Wonderful 13 years smober to you Joan!

Do I have some wine country tours for you and all the rest of us. (And they are almost in my backyard - so to speak.)

http://www.winecountrytourshuttle.com/?gclid=CPfjyL7wu7QCFWl...

http://www.beauwinetours.com/

But this is the one I found special just for you!!!

http://winetrain.com/
Moonlight Escape - Cold Moon - December 28th
Share the magic of the Napa Valley in December as the sun sets at 4:57 pm. Enjoy your entire evening bathed in moonlight. This moon is named the 'Full Cold Moon' because the nights the longest and coldest of the year. Our Moonlight Escape gourmet dinner takes place upstairs in the Vista Dome rail car with its almost 180-degree view. Guests glide over the evening vineyards touched with the silver light of the rising moon. This is a five-course dinner, including a glass of sparkling wine.

This is a train we can add to our QS collection of transportation modes.
That sounds amazing!!!!!!!!! Let's do it!!! We were looking at the moon in Phoenix tonight and talked about how lovely it was. Even better tomorrow in Napa! I am so ready for this!

Joan
I drank some wine on Christmas Evening. It's not the Moon aspect but this particular wine is called POTRON-MINET. Here's their web site.

http://www.keldelice.com/producteurs/domaine-potron-minet

The name Potron-Minet literally means, in English, the Crack of the Dawn. The label shows the horizon of the landscape, showing the sun arriving. The Cat (Minet in French is used for a generic cat)shows on the label too.

So, it will be nice to see wine which is from the Moon too.

Good choice for this party Joan.

Blackduff

PS, the wine Potron-Minet is grown 10 kms from my house.
WAY TO GO, JOAN ! ! !

Keep up the good work.

Jack G
Before the wine goes to my head, I think I’d better give Joan her award. The train is just starting to pull out of the station. Wow, is this train elegant! It’s probably like the Orient Express. We are going to be served an opulent dinner, but first, the award ceremony.

Joan, please come into the aisle and find something to hold onto. Let me present you with this gold loving cup, with the number thirteen spelled out in rubies, and a four-leaf clover outlined in emeralds. The loving cup is in honor of your 13 years of “smobriety”, and a thank-you from the QS Board for being its cheerleader.

And a special thank-you to DorMill for booking this train for us. Well done, Dorothy!

Now, let’s sit down, have some wine, and watch the moon, while we eat our fabulous dinner.

Cheers!

Verna
Thank you for the lovely award and the great wine party. I love this part of the country and am fond of many of its wines. I'm a happy woman tonight - grateful for the "quit" and the number of smober friends on this board. Thank you for sharing the celebration!

Joan
No. of Recommendations: 4
Joan! Fabulous Congrats! Well done! - And a beautiful party, - always wanted to get here, - and we don't even need a designated driver.
New Year hugs to you too!

cat
No. of Recommendations: 4
Joan,

Sorry for the belated post. I was having too much fun at the party to stop and find a computer. Before we leave Napa we have to stop off at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone. I had a memorable meal there once.

Seems like 13 is a lucky number for you. Great going

Happy New Year

Shelley
Wow Shelley, this is amazing!
http://www.ciachef.edu/california/
Shelley - I love the Culinary Institute! Good choice for a stop :-) And, yes, 13 must be my lucky number!!

Joan
Verna,

We ate there a few years ago when Jerry and a group of friends ran the beautiful Napa marathon. As you can imagine the runners were tired but very hungry. We all loved the atmosphere and food. Well worth the trip.

Shelley
No. of Recommendations: 6
Joan...sorry I'm late to the party. Congrats on 13 years!!!!!

Linda