No. of Recommendations: 0
Lucky you, Bill!

Standing on #1 tee at Pebble will cause golfing mortals to hyperventilate. Big Time!

Easy hole really. If you have a "comfy" stick that will move the ball forward about 200 yds, use it. Save the driver for #2. Pebble often takes five hours or more -- it may seem the round went too fast.

If you play another round in the area, I highly recommend Spanish Bay.
In fact, even if you don't play there, do go for cocktails at sunset. There's a 'piper walking the dunes. Magical.

Call the Inn at Sp. Bay for the correct hour. Also at the Inn, you would enjoy eating at Roys. Great views, food and the prices are decent. A genuine favorite with me.

Lots of good eats in Carmel and Monterrey. Hard to recommend as chefs move on and quality is constantly changing. There was (?) a good little dive on the south side of Ocean Ave in Carmel called, I think, Aw Shucks. Simple seafood items and cold beer mostly and one of the great NE clam chowders on the planet.

Also, in Monterrey, on the east side, there are a couple of kayak rentals. Can be exciting if there's any swell in the bay and you can follow the shore west and go in by some of the piers and paddle among all kinds of large creatures.

Have a great time.

wyo
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.