Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
:lurk off:

There should be a Comic Relief award to compensate. :-))

Debcat

:lurk on:

You have touched on a sore point, Debcat, so thanks for coming out of lurk mode. Do it more often.

The sore point is that The Feste Award epitomizes one of the central facets of TMF, namely, Learning Together. However, TMF also holds dear that learning together encompasses educating, informing, and amusing. Last year's winner, Jamie Gritton richly deserved winning because he did spend considerable effort on learning together and within that educated and informed. Amused? Yeah, sure, Jamie was a barrel of laughs with his rib-tickling 'Chart deviance must be realized yet the holding of the curve cannot be denied' and his knee-slapping 'My overlay of Chart 35 shows that effect of the Bollinger band's pressure in the light of a candlestick formation preceding the shoulder's formation must account for a lag in the main indices.' He had them rolling in the aisle with that last one.

Yet, for every ant there must be a grasshopper. For every Howardroark there must be a swimdad; for a Goofyhoofy there must be a Raggmopp; for a Gritton there must be a Burley. To create an Alpha, an Omega must exist. How can you appreciate a poster such as WonderPup (my personal favorite as a damn fine poster) unless there's a me holding the ladder? They also serve that stand and wait.

Ah, I have the word I was searching for: yeast. There are posters that are the flour and eggs and water and there are those who are the yeast. The Feste Award in its quest of learning together must realize that learning together happens when there's Fleishman added. And that's why I created The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster with the hope that TMF would add this as a category signifying the yeast that makes TMF rise.

Yes, investing is a serious business. However, nothing in this world is accomplished without passion. Nothing. Mine is that if crying were the answer we'd all be living in paradise. It hasn't happened. Evil does not fear God's wrath but God's laugher. When you're deep in debt and you think there's no way out the first thing you do is dry your tears and resolve never to cry again. That's the way out.

Let me get serious as I sip my third beer of the evening: the change from feeling being a failure to one of being successful starts with the elimination of unhappiness. Is it that simple? Give me one instance where the continuance of tears has resulted in happiness, profit and success? Just one. Check out the credit card board and LBYM board and the retire early board and see how, in fact, a decision to stop being unhappy changed lives.

Now I'm getting too serious. Nonetheless, I urge TMF to institute categorization of The Feste Award. It may be to some that froth is meaningless yet a post by Raggmopp or swimdad has often that positive effect of a smile. To me that's worth my subscription.

Dour I can buy by the yard.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.