Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Luxsit, you're right again. This is an unprecedented situation, regardless how many spats there have been in the past.

Fortunately, I don't think Seattle Council has yet grasped the extent to which the stakes have risen (unless they read TMF? :-)).

Interestingly, Pepper and Corrazini's discussion of the changes made by the 1996 Act to the sale of cable systems seems to refer to situations in which the franchise is sold or transferred (for example, I saw some reports within the last couple of days of some transfers of franchises between MSOs - basically swaps, although I didn't pay close attention to them). In TCI's case, the company itself, not just the franchise, is being bought. This could be argued to be a different situation to that anticipated by the provisions of the franchise agreement, although of course we would have to see that to be sure, in which case the authority's right to approve might not be valid.

Always good to see firm upward movement. I expect all that short interest will help at some point.

Now then, is there anyone from Portland in the house tonight?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.