Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Since my brother tried Lyrica, his neuropathy pain is improved. Which improves his state of mind as well and makes him feel more like doing things.

He is continuing to eat a lowish carb diet and needs a dose of insulin maybe once every other week when he indulges in refined carbs like ice cream or rolls. Rice is the worst for him, so he never has any. But he said he'd love some Asian noodles. Perhaps I'll get him a serving of pad thai or mei fun next week and see how his BG does.

He must be continuing to lose weight as he's been wearing size XXL for years and now fits into some XL items :-)

Jus as I hoped to help him get off insulin and on metformin only (and more or less succeeded!), I hope to help him get him out of obesity and into overweight.

his meals today...

BR
bacon & eggs
1 cup of sliced strawberries & pineapple

LU
big romaine salad w/ham & feta, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley w/low-carb ranch dressing

DN
burger w/green chillies and corn on the cob

SNACKS
pistachios
86% (low sugar) cacao bar
strawberries

yesterday...

BR
same

LU
leftover chicken paprikash & cauliflower "rice"

DN
pork chop w/shallot-ginger-plum sauce w/5-spice powder (cooked from scratch, no sugar--sweetness was from cooked plums)
arugula & endive salad w/olive oil & sherry vinegar
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.