Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
M,

As far as I'm concerned the legitimate press owes us the truth. It's a kind of unstated contract they have with us. The contract of trustworthy reporting.

They have the power to move mountains, and they must abide by their own rules of at least trying to verify a story. And when they can't, it shouldn't be printed without them saying...the company couldn't be reached for verification of this...blah, blah.

In this case, she just printed a "fact". Intel is suing Rambus. She needs to be held accountable for telling us the truth. This wasn't a quote from Mischou... it was her stating an incorrect fact:

"At the same time--and this is the high risk part of the story--many companies, including Intel and Micron, are suing Rambus, challenging its claims of patent-violation."

As far as I'm concerned, Frances breached her contract of telling the truth and being trustworthy, with me.
She and NBC should be held accountable for false reporting.

BTW, I've heard it said that Dell makes its own motherboards, would they have to pay royalties to Rambus for those types of boards?

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.