Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
m new to this country and want to learn mroe about tax laws in this
Can someone suggest books to me?


Start by getting a IRS Form 1040 for 1998, or 1999 when it comes out (it won't be very different) and read its instructions. The first several pages give you a lot of referrences. Then get the Publication and Form for everything that pertains to your tax situation. Publication 17 is also helpful as a next step. You can get all this at the IRS web site,
Library has good books also J.J. Lasiter "Your Taxes" ( I think) is pretty good.
Good luck! Ed
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.